Pursuing a career in the aviation sector (cabin crew) is a great achievement. If you want to work as a cabin crew, you must enrol in a cabin crew training program. You may have a thorough grasp of the many aviation occupations by checking out the aviation management course and deciding whether it’s the correct vocation for you. You will have more industry expertise if you study cabin crew since you won’t go into the airline’s training program blind. Depending on the program and institution, the certification training for cabin crew courses lasts 11 months to 2 years. Air hostesses and flight stewards are employed by the cabin crew program (male). They are in charge of the security, safety, and comfort of the people on board. The airline’s cabin crew is crucial to its operations. Every customer is obliged to excellent customer service from airlines. Airlines thus employ cabin crew to enable this.
Why pursue a cabin crew course to become a cabin crew?
You will have a better chance of being employed if you enroll in a professionally certified course at a cabin crew institute. Serving food and beverages on an airplane is only one aspect of being a cabin crew member or flight attendant. As a result, several airlines demand professional development courses for cabin crew workers. You might thus enroll in cabin crew training to increase your chances of being employed.
Cabin crew Course Duration
In Aptech aviation, the students will learn about aircraft, emergency situation management, passenger psychology, technical training, etc. while they are studying. Students who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate in cabin crew. The course duration depends from institute to institute. In Aptech, they offer cabin crew courses, and the duration of this course is 1 year.
About: Aptech Aviation Gariahat
At each academic branch, Aptech Aviation upholds a high quality of education. No matter where you are, every class is taught using the same methodology. The professors have training and expertise in this relevant area as well. Aptech is one of the top aviation training facilities in Kolkata because of this. They conduct modern classroom and practical sessions to ensure that the entire course is retained in the student’s memory.
Course eligibility –
Students who desire to register in the Cabin Crew Certification Program must meet the following qualifying requirements: –
- The student must have completed a higher secondary examination in any stream from a recognized board or university in order to pursue the Cabin Crew course.
- At the time of admission, applicants for the cabin crew must be between the ages of 17 and 25.
- In relation to weight, the height must be 155 cm or higher for females and 170 cm or higher for males.
- To enroll in one of India’s best institutes for cabin crew and receive up to 100% in scholarships. Students must register for the national-level AME CET admission test.
Skills you need to acquire
- Problem-solving skills –
If you’re committed to being an air hostess or cabin crew, you’ll need to be able to handle various passenger issues while in the air. Sometimes the problem comes from nowhere, so you always have to be prepared for every kind of situation. She must be able to provide first aid in an emergency. They need to solve the problem with ease.
- Communication skills-
Being able to communicate well is essential for this position as an air hostess. You must be able to handle various passenger issues in your role as an air hostess. They must interact with each passenger as air hostesses, ensuring their comfort and safety, directing them, and listening to their issues in order to find solutions. They must continue to be mindful of airline policy regulations.
- Organizing skills-
An announcement is frequently made on behalf of pilots by students who choose to become professional air hostesses. As an air hostess, you need to organize every situation carefully. Consequently, they have to be capable of planning. Each passenger is given her utmost attention to ensure their safety and comfort. In addition to interacting with passengers and occasionally providing food and water, crew members also coordinate many activities simultaneously.
this job is not a 9 to 5 job. So you need to prepare your mind and body for an overtime workload. As a flight attendant, you need to have the patience to work long hours.
Job prospective of a cabin crew
- A cabin crew’s primary duties include welcoming passengers aboard and giving them any necessary instructions while they are in flight. Along with assisting passengers in boarding and exiting the aircraft, the air hostess is also responsible for their comfort and safety.
- Cabin crew or Air hostesses are required to be in charge of the cockpit door leading to the rear kitchen and to provide passengers with any information they might need. The cabin crew is not liable for anything outside of the airplane.
- As the air hostess representing the airline company and the nation, you should always maintain a good appearance in terms of the cloth you wear and also your overall looks. When it comes to hygiene, you should have to be tip-top. The uniform you wear should always have properly maintained, perfect fittings. So that they can showcase the exclusivity of the airline company you are working for.
- Before and after take off, the air hostess should ensure that the aircraft is clean and orderly and that all necessary safety equipment is present.
- During the deplaning process, air hostesses are in charge of a full check-up so that passengers do not leave behind any expensive items on the flight. Sometimes they also interchange different pre-flight checks—for example, testing and ensuring that all the safety equipment is working properly or not.
India’s leading recruiting airlines include
- Air India
- Spice Jet
- Go Air
- Air Asia India
- Alliance Air
- Luwang Air
- Air Deccan
- Blue Dart Aviation, and many more…