An air hostess or cabin crew is a part of the aviation industry. they ensure comfort and safety for every passenger. After passing the higher secondary examination, if you want to become an air hostess, it is important to make yourself familiar with their work culture and responsibilities during flight. Smart aspirants, who have self-confidence, and smooth-spoken ability, can choose air hostess– as their career. This aviation sector is for those who have a strong passion for this field. This career will directly impact your life and focus on major concerns efficiently. this is how you can pursue becoming an air hostess after 12th.
If you are looking for how to become an air hostess, then we have got you covered. Here are important steps on how to become an air hostess after 12th–
After the 12th examination, the student can pursue air hostess training in any field( arts, science, commerce). Candidates can directly apply from aviation colleges. Candidate must secure at least 50 % in the higher secondary examination. The age of the student should be between 18-26. Most airline companies look for a height of a minimum of 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 5 inches. The body weight should be proportionate to height. The candidate should have a good eyesight test. During the recruiting period, trainers check the candidate’s eyesight. communication skills(English -written and verbal) should be a must for candidates. this is how you can pursue becoming an air hostess after 12th.
Apart from that, during the selection process and admission time, The student must attach the requested documents, including the mark sheet of class 12, adhaar, and voter card as necessary. The duration of aviation management is from 2 years to – 4years. The admission process will go on by entrance examination or merit basis and the interview round. After selection, students are called for a final interview round. After that, they can pursue their career in the aviation industry.
Some of the Top aviation institutes in Kolkata –
- Aptech aviation
- Frankfinn institute of airhostess
- AIRWAY aviation
- Camellia Institute of aviation
- JT aviation.
Skills required –
- Smart way to handle erratic schedules like hectic skills.
- communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
What does an air hostess do? –
Airhostess is a very responsible job. The first and foremost duty of an air hostess is
- To ensure the safety, comfort, and security of all the passengers during the flight and on board. Apart from that, air hostesses review different safety protocols before taking off.
- Airhostess is responsible for giving the right instructions to all the passengers about the tentative decent and deplaning process. They also have to ensure that the passengers must wear a seatbelt during take-off while landing or during the flight.
- as a candidate, you must have strong interpersonal skills. They come across as friendly and helpful and can get along well with everyone. They remain decent under pressure and know how to solve difficult situations politely and quickly.
- During the deplaning process, air hostesses are in charge of a full check-up so that passengers do not leave behind any expensive items on the flight. Sometimes they also interchange different pre-flight checks. For example, testing and ensuring that all the safety equipment is working properly or not.
As a fresher, the salary won’t meet your expectations. But regarding your salary, there is no need to worry. The basic salary range starts from 3-5 LPA. The pay will continue to work up the pay scale as times pass by and your experience. this is how you can pursue becoming an air hostess after 12th. During working in an international airline company, most of the trainers do not give any holiday or casual leaves. You can not take any casual leaves. You will have a schedule that you will have to follow, and if your day off falls on any of the national or international holidays, then you are lucky. Otherwise, you have to hustle day to night.
Roles and responsibilities –
- As an air hostess, You should have to maintain a positive attitude. The main job of an air hostess is to take care of the flight passengers in the best possible manner. As this is a highly developing sector in india, employers are looking for staff that is well-trained in their particular discipline and have a grip on the latest developments in the field. You can find that most employers in the aviation and cabin crew sectors are keen to provide constant development opportunities to their staff. This means that you’ll always have chances to continue developing your skills without having to take a break from the job.
- As the air hostess representing the airline company and the nation, you should always maintain a good appearance in terms of the cloth you wear and also your overall looks. When it comes to hygiene, you should have to be tip top. The uniform you wear should always have properly maintained, perfect fittings. So that they can showcase the exclusivity of the airline company you are working for.
- As an air hostess or cabin crew staff, you have to make them feel comfortable during the flight. You are not the servant, but you indeed have to bring them their food and drink during the flight. Apart from that, you will be the one who will save their lives if something happens. Apart from that. You will learn what to do in case an emergency arises. Always remember to smile when you face your passengers. Every day you will face a different kind of people with different personalities.
- Communication skills are a must-have aspect of this career as an air hostess. As an air hostess, You have to have the ability to solve different problems of passengers. As air hostesses, they have to communicate with every customer, ensure their comfort and safety and guide them and listen to their problems to solve them. They need to stay aware of airline guideline rules.