Becoming an air hostess is a dream for many youngsters. The air hostess career comes up with a lot of challenges every day. If you can manage this with a smile on your face and passion for your work then you can be successful in this field. A career as an Air Hostess can be challenging but offers a lot to visit in different places. Professional certification post bachelor’s degree can help your career to boost start directly as an Air Hostess. students who wish to pursue this career, first have to train their minds to face some issues and start preparing after qualifying for a higher secondary examination. There are some Best Air hostess Training College in Kolkata students who can kickstart their careers in the aviation industry.
How to become an air hostess-
Candidates who are going to pursue their job in the airline industry (specifically air hostess job), first have to clear the higher secondary examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
After that, they have to give the entrance exam to get admission to the air hostess college. The duration of the course is 3-4 years.
Candidate must clear their graduation with at least 50% marks.
It is recommended that after completing graduation, the candidate should enroll themselves for an aviation management certification like a Certificate in Aviation Security and Safety, Certified Associate in Hospitality Management, etc from the recognized Institute. There are some Best Air hostess Training College in Kolkata and outside of Kolkata, that you can find to get admission.
The average course fee starts from 1 lakh to up to 4 lakh.
Types of air hostesses-
Flight attendants- they ensure the safety and emergency procedures on board a flight and ensure the security of passengers.
Cabin crew- they check pre-flight to ensure the safety equipment is working properly and have to ensure passengers and demonstrate how to use emergency equipment.
Sky marshal – a sky marshal job is a very risky and respected job in the airline sector. A sky marshal is a secret law authorization or counter-fear-based oppressor specialist on board a business airplane to counter airplane hijackings.
Ground staff –as ground staff they have to greet and welcome the passengers. They have to check the luggage and make the reservations. Apart from that they also assist disabled passengers and those with small children.
Top airhostess colleges in Kolkata-
There are some Best Air hostess Training College in Kolkata students can join to pursue a career in air hostess, like-
Top recruiters (airline company)-
What does an air hostess do? –
Airhostess is a very responsible job. The first and foremost duty of an air hostess is
- To ensure the safety, comfort, and security of all the passengers during flight and on board. Apart from that, air hostesses review different safety protocols before taking off.
- Airhostess is responsible for giving the right instructions to all the passengers about the tentative decent and deplaning process. They also have to ensure that the passengers must wear a seatbelt during take-off while landing or during flight.
- as a candidate, you must have strong interpersonal skills. They come across as friendly and helpful and can get along well with everyone. They remain decent under pressure and know how to solve difficult situations politely and quickly.
- During the deplaning process, air hostesses are in charge of a full check-up so that passengers do not leave behind any expensive items on the flight. Sometimes they also interchange different pre-flight checks. For example, testing and ensuring that all the safety equipment is working properly or not.
Roles and responsibilities-
pursuing a career in aviation is a great way to make sure you can find it no matter what circumstances come to play. By passing out from the Best Air hostess Training College in Kolkata, you can get a job in various airline companies.
- The key responsibilities of a professional air hostess include conducting pre and post-flight checks, assisting passengers in deplaning, ensure the comfort and safety of passengers during flight.
- One of the best thing about working in the aviation sector won’t stop the moment you’ve got your foot in the door. As a highly demanding sector, employers are looking for staff that is well-trained in their particular discipline and have a grip on the latest developments in the field. You can find that most employers in the aviation and aeronautics sectors are keen to provide constant development opportunities to their staff. This means that you’ll always have chances to continue developing your skills without having to take a break from the job.
- Individuals are required to have skills in problem-solving, organizing skills, communication skills & grooming skills. You need to know how to give medical aid to passengers during a flight. As a hostess, you need to organize multiple tasks at one time.
- As a staff, it is crucial to learn how to deal with all kinds of people. you must make them feel comfortable during the flight. You are not the servant, but you indeed have to bring them their food and drink during the flight. Apart from that, you will be the one who will save their lives if something happens. Apart from that. You will learn what to do in case an emergency arises. Always remember to smile when you face your passengers. Every day you will face different kinds of people with different personalities. They have to take care of the luggage from luggage carrier to cargo. Professional ground staff has to be properly trained to maintain their duty.
- Employees need to make sure that every passenger feels safe and comfortable during the flight. they give water and food from time to time and communicate with passengers and organize multiple tasks at one time.
- if you have a dedication to being an air hostess, then you have to have the ability to solve different problems of passengers during flight. She must know how to give medical support during emergencies.